There are various types of
harassment calls and callers. Some will be annoying, such as a person calling over and over again
and hanging up, or calling at odd hours during the night;
and others will be threatening. Weber State University Telecommunications takes all types
of suspected harassment calls seriously. If you feel you are
experiencing harassing calls please take the following action:
- If you are a student living in Student
Housing call the Data Manager at extension 7155, or you can call the Telecommunications Manager
at extension 6808. Telecommunications should be alerted
right after the suspected harassing call, if at all possible.
If it is in the evening, please leave a detailed voice message
and a call-back name and number.
- Write down the following information, if at all possible:
- Record the date & time of the call.
- Save any voice mail you may have regarding the harassment.
- Try and determine if the call came from on or off
- Write down as many of the details of the caller as
you can remember, include male or female, disguised
voice, threatening manner, language, verbiage, etc.
This should be done right after the call.
- Write down the conversation, in detail, as much as
you can remember. This should be done right after the
call, while it is fresh on your mind.
- Telecommunications Personnel will offer alternatives to
help you determine who is making the suspected harassing
call or calls.
- You might be requested to file a report with the Campus
Police depending upon the severity of the harassment.
- If a police report has been filed, and the harassment
continues, the user can request a number change.