(English as a Second Language)
This program will meet the requirements for the English as a Second Language (ESL)
Endorsement to be added to the Early Childhood, Elementary, or Secondary
These courses taken at the graduate level may also be used as electives for
the MEd degree. See the Department of Teacher Education or the Master of
Education Office for more details.
Students must satisfy the Teacher Education
admission and licensure requirements.
- » Grade Requirements: A GPA of 3.00 or better in courses used toward the minor in
addition to an overall GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- » Credit Hour Requirements: 17 credit hours required.
Course Requirements for Minor/Endorsement
Required Courses (17 credit hours)
* FL 4400, Methods of Teaching a Foreign Language, may be substituted for ENGL 4410.
Endorsement programs are also offered through the graduate program as electives.
- EDUC 4250 (MED 6250) Second Language Acquisition: Theories & Implementation (3)
- EDUC 4270 (MED 6270) Literacy Strategies for Teaching English Language Learners (3)
- ENGL 4410* (MED 6410) Strategies & Methodology of Teaching ESL (3)
- ENGL 4420 (MED 6420) English Phonology & Syntax for ESL Teachers (3)
- ENGL 4450 (MED 6450) ESL/Bilingual Assessment: Theory, Methods, & Practices (2)
- EDUC 4740 Building School Partnerships with ESL/Bilingual Families (1)
- EDUC 5770 Field Experience in ESL/Bilingual Education (2)
Weber State University 2006-2007 Catalog