Manufacturing Engineering Technology
BACHELOR OF INTEGRATED STUDIES (B.I.S.) EMPHASIS
American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS)
- » Program Prerequisite: Refer to the Bachelor of Integrated Studies Program for the general and specific
requirements for the BIS degree.
- » Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 18 credit hours of courses is
required for the APICS emphasis portion of this degree.
B.I.S. Options in Production and Inventory Control
The Manufacturing Engineering Technology department offers those courses required by
the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) for a continuing education
certificate in Production and Inventory Control Technology. The courses indicated below
with an asterisk (*) prepare one to take the APICS Certification Exam as well as receive
the above certificate. In addition, if these courses are taken in conjunction with the
other courses listed below or other courses approved by the department chair, all of these
may then be used to fill one of the three areas required for a Bachelor of Integrated
Studies degree. The courses must be taken for credit and the area of emphasis will be in
Production and Inventory Control (not Manufacturing Engineering Technology).
The course of study described below must be approved by the MfET department chair.
Course Requirements for B.I.S. Emphasis
Manufacturing Engineering Technology Courses Required (18 credit hours)
- MfET 3510* Basics of Supply Chain Management (2)
- MfET 3550 Principles of Supervision (3)
- MfET 4050* Detailed Scheduling & Planning I (2)
- MfET 4150* Execution & Control of Operations (2)
- MfET 4250* Detailed Scheduling & Planning II (2)
- MfET 4350* Principles of Lean Manufacturing (2)
- MfET 4590 Production Plan & Process Control (3)
- MfET 4750* Master Planning of Resources (2)
Weber State University 2003-2004 Catalog